Longleat Safari and Adventure Park
UK’s No 1 Safari Park
Enter a land of adventure. Where lions roam. Tigers stalk. And monkeys swing. Travel through time in a grand stately home. Lose yourself in one of our magical mazes. Hold exotic creatures from the ends of the Earth.
You could also make this into a short holiday by taking advantage of all that Longleat has to offer by staying in the local area. Nestled in the heart of rural Wiltshire, this is an idyllic location for a holiday with a wealth of wonderful accommodation close by that caters to all tastes and budgets.
Safari, Animals, Zoo
Parking : On Site Free
Outside food allowed
Onsite restaurant available
Host Birthday Parties
What to see :
Safari Drive Through
- Visit the Safari and get a chance to see the wolf pack, tigers, lions, cheetahs in their territory. Also, be a part of the monkey mayhem and don’t miss the white rhinos!
- Also, meet rescued elephants, who are now living their best lives.
- Stroll at your own pace through these areas. Jump on board the Jungle Cruise or take a trip on the Longleat Railway. With close-up encounters, feeding opportunities, and exotic animals around every corner, you will be sure to have plenty to do and see.
- To wander through the sweeping corridors and grand rooms of Longleat House is to be transported back in time. Exploring this stunning example of high Elizabethan architecture – and the Capability Brown landscaped grounds surrounding it – is a day out in itself. It was substantially completed by Sir John Thynne in 1580. And today, his descendants are still lucky enough to call it their home.
- You can take the house tours and take a stroll on the 900 acres of stunning Capability Brown landscaped grounds.
- Additionally, there are curated house exhibitions to commemorate the important events and milestones
- The property also provides a mix of pleasure and formal gardens.
- Get a chance to get up close with your favorite animals on immersive safari adventure.
- VIP Experiences and Tours are ideal as a treat for yourself, an activity for a hen do or stag do, a celebration of an anniversary or birthday, or even as a team building activity with your colleagues.
- You could choose from a variety of packages from Bronze to Gold.
- There also separate package for bugs, reptiles, giant anteater, giraffes and many other animals.
- Some package you could feed the royal animals and in some you could get the chance of a lifetime to photograph the carnivorous tribe at Longleat
Thing to note :
- Your experience at Longleat can be divided into 3 aspects – Safari Drive Through, Walkthrough parts including Main Square, and wander through the sweeping corridors and grand rooms of Longleat House to be transported back in time.
- The park offers queue assist scheme - It is designed to allow eligible guests to access Rockin Rhino, the Jungle Cruise and the Longleat Railway with greater ease. Though the scheme will not reduce the waiting time for these attractions, it enables eligible guests to forgo waiting in the queue line and to access the ride via alternative means at a designated time (subject to availability). Each pass issued via the Queue Assist Scheme allows up to 4 people to benefit from this special access if they are visiting Longleat with a guest with additional needs.
- An accessible toilet is available, however there are no changing facilities nor a hoist.
- There is a takeaway hatch available at The Watering Hole Cafe offering a limited menu of refreshments (please be advised we will only be accepting card payments).
- Service dogs are not allowed at Longleat for welfare reasons.
- Manual wheelchairs can be booked prior to your visit (tel: 01985 844400 during office hours). They are subject to availability. There is no charge for this service but a non-monetary deposit, such as car keys, will be required on the day of your visit.
- Mobility scooters that are available for hire. These can only be booked when you arrive at Longleat with our Guest Services team and are available from 10am to 30 minutes before the park closes (subject to availability). There is a £20 hire charge to use one of our mobility scooters and a non-monetary deposit of car keys will be required.
Typical Time Spent :
Suitable Age :
- by Kidify
- 1 year ago
We want to start with Positive Note… We believe every place has something to offer for your kids and families. To start with, our default rating is 5 star. However, if you have similar or different experience, please rate and provide feedback accordingly.
Rate Us & Write A ReviewFor submitting reviews, please login or register here ( Click Here For Login )
Adult price starting :
Child price starting :
Kids go free :
|Visitor||Gate Price||Online Price*|
Must be accompanying a guest with additional needs.
* Prices show 15% discount. Applicable if purchase is made 5+ days in advance of visit.10% discount 1-4 days in advance. 0% for tickets purchased on the day of the visit. Guests who are able to provide proof of disability are entitled to bring a carer to Longleat free of charge.
Where to Buy? / Deals :
Birthdays Parties :
Looking for a unique birthday treat? Check out the Safari VIP Tours. A once-in-a-lifetime experience led by a Longleat Ranger, step behind the scenes in an exclusive tour of the UK's No. 1 Safari Park. These unforgettable experiences give unique insight into the day-to-day life of the animals and the people who look after them. For animal mad youngsters, try out the Animal Adventure VIP Tours!
march - april - may - june - july - august
In light of the most recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, timings of Longleat have changed. It is advisable to check prior to visit and book tikets online before going.
The park in open in the month og July, August, shut on 3 days in October and November for now.
Currently, the opening hours are: 10AM-5PM
Longleat Safari & Adventure Park, Warminster, UK
Nearest Station :
Accessible by Public Transport :
Reach here :
Longleat is just off the A362 between Warminster and Frome. One can simply follow the brown tourist signposts. Parking is free of charge
For visitors using SAT NAV
Please ignore the Sat Nav voice as you approach Longleat and follow the brown tourist signposts. Unfortunately, some Sat Nav systems send you to a dead end.
Frome Station is the closest station to Longleat and has a good service from Bath and London.
Warminster station, is about 5 miles from Longleat and is on the Cardiff to Portsmouth line.
Westbury station is about 12 miles from Longleat and is on the London Paddington to Penzance line.
All stations are served by taxis.
If you're thinking of cycling to Longleat, we'd recommend planning your journey using the interactive National Cycle Route map on www.sustrans.org.uk. However, please remember, that the Safari Drive-through is only accessible via vehicle; the park’s Safari Bus is a great option for those arriving by bike or public transport.
Inspiration to your inbox
Help us to get better
Do you know of a great activity or service provider for kids & families that's not already listed on our site?